Brayden's Journey

Thursday, June 2, 2011

7 months old! And more cookbooks are here!

Yesterday 340 more cookbooks arrived! So please let me know if you would like some.  I have half the cookbooks in Arizona and half in Iowa.  So if you live in Iowa, my mom can give you the cookbook.  We can also ship anywhere in the United States.

When we first ordered our cookbooks, we thought 300 was a lot and we didn't know we would have such a great support system and that people would be so caring and kind and buy them.  But we were WRONG and everyone has been so supportive and helping us out with buying cookbooks and donating to us.  It means the world to us that people are behind us and Brayden. 

One of Geoffrey's co-workers, Stephanie has been amazing and she belongs to a bible study group and they have all been buying cookbooks and also putting together items for Brayden, like diapers, wipes, formula, etc. to help us out.  One lady, named Pam has been so kind and is donating a round trip airfare to Chicago for us.  So kind of her to do that and especially since she hasn't even met us yet.  Just amazing to Geoffrey & I how supportive people have been, family & friends that know us and even people who have never met us. 

Next month Brayden & I will be going to Chicago on July 17th for his 1st tissue expander surgery, can't believe it's almost here! I am ready to start this process, but not excited about my baby going under and having surgery and having the expanders in for 12 weeks.  It has to be done and I know he will be in good hands since he is going to the top doctor in the world for this, Dr. Bauer!

In the mean time, my little guy needs to get better.  I got sick last week with the flu and then of course, I passed it along to Brayden.  He has been sick for a week now, just wish he would get better.  At least if he's going to be sick, I'm glad it's now and not next month right before he his surgery. 

Yesterday Brayden turned 7 months old! Where is the time going?! He is becoming such a big boy, he feeds himself puffs now, he knows how to open his mouth and eat baby food and he knows how to melt our hearts.  He is such a joy to be around and I am so blessed to have this little guy as my son.  He still isn't crawling, which is fine by me, that way I know where he is and he's not getting into everything :)

No comments:

Post a Comment