Brayden's Journey

Monday, May 7, 2012

Happy 30th to me, never a dull moment when you have a child though

Today is my 30th birthday and I am overly tired, why you may ask, could it be that I am now in my 30's? Ha...could be, but I think the real reason would be the past 2 nights since Brayden returned from Iowa. He has kept me up all night.  Poor little guy is not happy, he keeps crying, itching his back and can't seem to get comfortable.

My mom said he was fussy since Thursday and we didn't know what it was, I thought maybe teething, but when I changed his diaper when he got home and looked at his stitches I could see why he was so unhappy. His stitches are all red along the edges and on the edge of the flaps you can see some discharge. Now are are doing daily dressing changes and keeping the area moist, this way the area starts to heal.  We are also suppose to give Brayden a bath daily, but how do you do that when he screams bloody murder when you try to put him in?! I just pray that this heals soon and Brayden starts to feel better, then he sleeps through the night again and also gives his momma a break ;)

He is also suppose to be on "quiet play" don't know how were suppose to keep him on that, especially since he has his cousin her to play with him.  I couldn't believe the difference in Brayden when he returned home after 13 days, he is now walking, running and spinning in circles! Yesterday I was exhausted chasing after him all day, now I will have my hands full.  Despite all of this going on, he acts like any other toddler, he amazes me with his strength and I am so proud to be his momma! Even the nights when he keeps me up, I wouldn't trade any of this for anything.  He is the best birthday present I could ever ask for.

I also want to thank my family for taking such good care of him, I know dressing changes and changing tubes is never fun to do, but my family amazes me with all the support they have given us with Brayden and all his medical needs. 

We are also hoping to remove his stitches on Friday as long as it starts to heal within the next few days, my amazing nurse friend Melissa offered to take them out, what a brave soul she is! I am very lucky to have such great support.  Now I pray the next post, is a better picture of Brayden's back healing and not getting worse.



No comments:

Post a Comment