Brayden's Journey

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Fill #7 tonight

Tonight was fill #7, so happy we made it to another fill with no problems. Only 3 more fills to go and surgery is 3 weeks away! Erin and Brent came over tonight to help us with the fill and also Geoffrey's co-worked David wanted to see the process. 

This week, I asked other nevus mom's if they had any tips to keep Brayden calm during the fill and they said get him a new toy right before the fill.  So that's what I did, I got him a monster car and another tip they said that worked was to show him a video of another nevus child during the fill that is calm.  So Brayden's bff nevus buddy, Josh did a video for him.  I showed it to him yesterday and he was all excited to see Josh.  So I was thinking yes! This might actually work.  Tonight I showed the video to Brayden before his fill and he knew something was up and he said No Josh :(  and he didn't want to watch it.  I got the new toy out and he was excited to play with that, then it was time for the fill and he forgot about his new toy and just screamed and cried like the previous weeks. 

Finally after 10 minutes with 4 of us trying to hold him down,Geoffrey got the 1st needle in.  Then I started to feel something warm, yup Brayden pees on me.  Luckily I had a towel on my lap, so I didn't get too wet.  But I am sure deep down, Brayden thought that was pretty funny!

We got another good fill tonight.  We got 100 cc's on the right expander, 80 cc's on the left expander and 65 cc's on the leg.  If we keep it up, we will be going past our goal, which would be amazing!

Right expander at 790 cc's, goal is 1000 cc's, left expander at 595 goal is 750 cc's and leg is at 420 cc's and goal is 500 cc's

 

Left expander and leg expander

 

Right expander

 

Leg expander

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment