Brayden's Journey

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Emergency surgery here we come

Yes, that's right, we are going for emergency surgery to Chicago on Monday, we will be having surgery 3 weeks early.  I got a call from Dr. Bauer's office this morning and they said after reviewing the picture I sent over, they would like to bump up the surgery if possible.  They are afraid if we wait until Nov 15th, that the left expander skin could get thin and that could cause more problems down the road for us.  Was I happy to hear this news after this already stressful round? Of course not.

Dr. Bauer said we could wait but he thinks we should move up the surgery, so I called Geoffrey and we decided the best thing to do was go to Chicago and figure out who will be going and if anyone can meet us to help out.  We didn't want to risk anything else happening to Brayden.

I called my parents and they are going to Canada on Saturday for a week, so now what?! Well just like our 1st round and our emergency surgery, my awesome grandparents are here to support Brayden! They will be driving to Chicago and picking Brayden and I up from the airport.  We arrive on Saturday and come back on Wed.

And guess who will be turning 2 next week?! What a busy birthday week we will have.  But I am happy that we will fly back in time for Halloween and also for his birthday and for Brayden's birthday, Geoffrey and I actually get the day off together, which never happens.  Just hope Brayden feels ok, so we can take him to the zoo.

Last week we had the stress of the right expander not filling, Dr. Bauer think it's something with the port being blocked.  This hardly ever happens, so of course it has to happen to us?!  Guess all this stress will only make us stronger, but I am about to my end of the stress that I can handle at a time.

Here is the area Dr. Bauer is concerned about, it's on the left expander in the middle.  That area has never fully healed from when he was in the hospital and he's just worried it will get worse over time

No comments:

Post a Comment