Brayden's Journey

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Fill #10....Final fill for this round!!!

We had a pretty busy week, which we were happy about, that way surgery will be here before we know it.  Brayden's spot we were worried about on the lower right expander is holding up and doesn't look any worse.  He also hasn't been coughing this week, so it looks like he just has allergies.  Which is an easy fix. Thank goodness!

Tonight we did fill #10....so happy we had a almost perfect round and we got to this fill! Erin came over to help with the fill again, so thankful to have her!  Brayden did pretty good and didn't cry too much during the fill.  Even though we had to stop filling on the right expander, we are still very HAPPY with our numbers we got this round.  We even went over our goal amount on 2 expanders! Tonight we got 50 cc's in the left expander and 50 cc's in the leg expander.

Total numbers for right expander 900 cc's and our goal was 1000 cc's
 Total number for leg expander is 580 cc's and our goal was 500 cc's
 Looks at those HUGE bubbles! What a brave boy Brayden is!
 Total number for left expander is 815 cc's and our goal was 750 cc's
We are happy we didn't have any infections this round or hospital visits.  Now that the fills are over with, we have to pray for Brayden's upcoming surgery on Tuesday.  We are excited to hand Brayden over to Dr. Bauer and have him do his magic and see the results.  We know he will be in good hands on Tuesday.  Geoffrey will be flying to Chicago with Brayden on Monday morning and my mom will meet them at the airport.  I am sad I can't be with them, but since it's getting close to me due date, I am not allowed to fly.  Tuesday is also my birthday, so I will be sad I can't be with my boys.  All I want for my birthday this year is a successful surgery and it would be the BEST present ever, if Dr. Bauer told us, no more expanders.  But we are trying not to get our hopes up, we will find out Tuesday.  We are just happy we did the best we could this round and praying for amazing results.  All I know, my baby is 1 step closer to being nevus free.
 
Please keep Brayden in your prayers next week and thank you everyone for the support through out this whole process.  It means the world to Geoffrey and I that so many people support our son.

No comments:

Post a Comment