Brayden's Journey

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Healing is getting worse before it will get better

This has not been a fun weekend for any of us.  Brayden still won't walk or sit yet.  All he has been doing is laying on the couch.  On Friday, I sent Dr. Bauer pictures of Brayden and he wanted us to start wet to dry dressing changes 3 times a day.  He said even though it looks awful right now this is not something that will get infected, it will just continue to look awful for awhile.  As soon as the rest of the dead dark scab loosens it will fall off,  Once it separates the surface will gradually get pinker, then the giant hold will starts to shrink down and start to heal.

The dressing changes have been horrible, Brayden gets so scared and every time he peeps and poops because he is shaking and scared to death.  I can see why he is this way, he has a giant hole on his butt.  That wouldn't feel good for any of us.  By doing the dressing changes 3 times a day, it will help heal this area.  This morning, I did the dressing change alone and it was not easy.  But I knew I don't have a choice and I had to get it done.  I just HATE seeing my son so scared and also in so much pain. 

So many people have reached out to us this week and praying for Brayden, it means the world to us that he has so many people that care about him.  This is not an easy time for the 3 of us and times like this, having no family around has been hard. We are trying to stay strong for Brayden and we know it will get better, we just have a long road of recovery ahead of us.

I had a few nevus mom's reach out to me and they have been in our shoes before and the skin did heal for there kids, it just took time.  So that is always nice hearing other people can relate to what were going through. 

Yesterday I went to Target and got Brayden Spiderman DVD and little Spiderman toy, he was so happy and first thing he asked for this morning was Spiderman.  Glad throughout all of this, he can still have a smile on his face.  Sure makes these hard days, a little easier on all of us. 

Here is a picture from today, I know it looks horrible and my heart just breaks for my son, really wish he didn't have to go through this.  But he is such a brave strong boy, I know he will get through this. I am so proud to be his mommy!







No comments:

Post a Comment