Brayden's Journey

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Fill #11 and FINAL fill for this round....Surgery on Thursday

Wow, we made it a full round this time with minor problems.  Feel very blessed for this round so far going smooth for us.  Just the scar tissue gave us problems this round.  Tonight we only filled the stomach since the other 2 expanders are too close to that hole. 

As we were doing the fill tonight I told Brayden to look at me and not at daddy, as he's sticking the needle in his thigh.  Brayden asked me, "Why do you want me to look at you, Mommy? " I said because I don't want you to watch your daddy stick a needle in you because it will scare you.  He said, " It will make me cry if I see it and it does scare me." Oh such a brave boy and it breaks my heart the things he has to go through at such a young age.  But he is such a tough boy and I can't believe he will be having surgery #10 on Thursday.  Hard to believe we started this journey when he was 7 months old and now he is 3 1/2.  What a journey it has been for all of us. 

We leave Wednesday morning for Chicago with my parents, Geoffrey and I.  This will be the 1st surgery Geoffrey and I go together.  I am happy we are all going to be with Geoffrey and we are even staying a few extra days, to enjoy the city together.  We will be staying at the Ronald Mcdonald house downtown Chicago again.  Such a nice place to stay and a perfect location. 

We got 35 cc's in the stomach and now at 570 cc's and our goal was 500 cc's.  The left thigh is at 410 cc's and our goal was 350 cc's.  The left back is at 355 cc's and our goal was 500 cc's.  We are happy we are over our goal on 2 of the expanders.  Wish we could have reached goal on the back but didn't want to push our luck. 

Now that we have done everything in our power to make this round go well, it is up to Dr. Bauer and his special talent on Thursday to do the rest.  I am praying for good outcome and for him to health perfectly this time.  I don't want a repeat of last round with the healing.  That was one of the worst things we ever had to deal with.  Thank you everyone for keeping Brayden in your prayers.

Happy boys before the 4th of July parade.  After Brayden has his fills, it's amazing how you would never guess everything he has been through, such a brave boy!





No comments:

Post a Comment