Brayden's Journey

Sunday, April 8, 2012

9th fill done! Happy Easter

Happy Easter! We had a great Easter weekend and tonight was fill #9...amazing how fast these weeks have gone by. 2 weeks tomorrow and Brayden will be having his 4th surgery in Chicago.  This time around it will be Geoffrey taking Brayden.  It's going to be hard not being with Brayden during surgery but I know he will be in good hands with his daddy and my mom. 

This week I talked to Dr. Bauer and he said he wants Brayden to wait on the tubes.  We will see how the next few months go and if he continues to get ear infections, then we will get the tubes put in during his next surgery which will be in late summer. 
Even though Brayden has these uneven bubbles in....he continues to amaze me everyday how strong of a little boy he really is.  Yesterday he took 20-30 steps when we were at Peter Piper pizza....just watching him play and interact with other kids being so happy, makes this whole process so much easier on us.  Just reassures us that we are doing the right thing for Brayden and we will all get through this. I know we have a light at the end of this tunnel for Brayden and all his surgeries and I can't wait for that day to come.

So many people have told me how strong I am and how well I am handling all of this, I really feel like I am just doing my job as a mother and I want the best for Brayden and this is it, I know he will be okay and I know god can only give you what you can handle. It does make me sad when I see people cry when they see Brayden's bubbles, they think he is in pain, but honestly he acts like any other little boy. 

Brayden went to visit the Easter bunny, good thing it was free because he was not a fan ;) maybe next year Brayden

Getting ready for his Easter egg hunt

Tonight we went over to my grandparents for Easter, so they helped out with the fill. We got 50 cc in the right, now the right is at 810 cc! I can't believe how great that side is doing. On the left we got 55 cc and now we are at 540 cc. Brayden did pretty good for the fill, even though he has no nap all day, he was such a champ. Check out how big his bubbles are!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment