Brayden's Journey

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Long night for Brayden last night

Last night Brayden had a very long night, he was really fussy and on pain meds every 4 hours.  He just didn't seem to get comfortable.  He even slept on his stomach for awhile, which he never does.  I'm sure it felt better for him then laying on his back with all the pain. 

It was a long night for Geoffrey and also my mom, Brayden is very lucky to have the both of them for support.  I called a few times and I could hardly hear Brayden because he was crying so much, breaks my heart that I can't be with him.  But today is a new day and each day he will get better and before we know it, he will be his happy self again. 

He did eat a little yesterday, so that was good that he kept some food down.  For the most part, all he wanted was his pacifiers for comfort. 

This morning they checked out at 9 am and headed to Dr. Bauer's office to visit with his nurses, Mim and Susan.  They did the 1st dressing change and Geoffrey and I were hoping that Dr. Bauer would get to his butt crack and what do you know, our wish came true! Even on the right side it's a little below his butt crack....yay! The results look great and once they get back to Iowa and send me pictures, I will update the blog with before and after pictures.  Brayden's 1st round of surgery he removed 100 square centimeters of nevus and this round he removed 200 square centimeters of nevus.  So double the amount! We are very happy with Brayden's results this round. 

Yesterday I scheduled Brayden's next round of expanders, luckily he will have a 4 month break of being bubble free! He will go back to Chicago August 30th to get 2 more expanders in, 1 in his back and 1 in his leg.  Then he will get them out November 15th. With each round, we are closer for Brayden being Nevus free!

Brayden, Geoffrey, my mom and my Aunt Donna are on the long 7 hr drive back to Iowa right now.  Brayden is doing great in the car, he has been sleeping for the most part, which is what he needs right now. Geoffrey will fly back on Thursday and Brayden will be staying in Iowa with my family until Mary 5th, then my sister and Makenna will fly him out here.  Brayden will love spending time with family. 

We want to thank everyone for all the love and support the past few days, means so much to us that we know so many people care about Brayden.

My friend Wendy is doing an online benefit for Brayden with her company Thirty One.  You can shop online till this Friday to support Brayden.  Here is the website below
http://www.mythirtyone.com/WendyAZ/


No comments:

Post a Comment