Brayden's Journey

Friday, April 20, 2012

Fill #11 done! Last fill for Round #2

Can't believe tonight we did our last fill for round #2.  So happy this round is coming to an end, that only means that we are one step closer to getting Brayden nevus free! I know we still have more surgeries ahead of us, but it's nice to have 2 rounds almost behind us now.  We are very happy with our final numbers.  Our goal was 750 cc in each expander.  Tonight we got 60 cc in the right, so the final number for the right is 930 cc's! Way above our goal!! The left we got 70 cc in and the left total is 680 cc's.  Which we are also very happy about, even though we didn't hit the 750 mark. 

Over the past week, Brayden has been walking more and more.  So I am sure by the time he comes back from Chicago and Iowa, he will be running to me at the airport! Geoffrey and Brayden fly out at 6am on Sunday morning.  My mom and Aunt Donna will drive from Iowa, to Chicago to pick them up and be with them for surgery.  Brayden has to be at the hospital at 6am on Monday morning and surgery is at 7:30am.  Please keep my baby boy in your prayers.  He is such a tough little boy, I know he will do great.  Going to be hard on mommy not being with him, but he will be happy he has his daddy with him this time. 

After Chicago, Brayden will be going back to Iowa to spend time with my family.  I will be away from him for 13 days. Going to miss my baby boy but I know he will have a great time.  My sister and Makenna will fly him back here, then they get to stay with us for 10 days!

This past week we have sold some cookbooks, thank you to everyone who has bought one and supported Brayden along his journey.  We also want to thank everyone for the continues prayers for Brayden.  All the support has helped us a long the way, couldn't have done with without our amazing family and friends.

Brayden enjoying some dinner while he waits for the numbing cream set in




Final numbers for round #2 Right at 930 cc's and Left at 680 cc's




Left expander




Right expander



No comments:

Post a Comment