Brayden's Journey

Monday, September 5, 2011

Hole in his stitches :(

Last night Brayden slept through the night again, which is good....this morning when I got him up, he had alittle bit of drainage that soaked through the gauze and his pj's. 

This morning when I did his dressing change, he screamed.  Well when I got the gauze removed I look at his stitches and I could see why he was so upset.  Now some of the stitches came off and he has a little hole...oh great, so now what?!

I took pictures and e-mailed Dr. Bauer right away and what an amazing doctor he is to respond so fast on a Holiday weekend! He said for the present time we need to stay with the gauze dressing and the ace wrap.  But tomorrow he wants me to call his office and they may want me to switch to a tegoderm dressing.  That way it will help support the wound edges and see if the surrounding area will heal and get sturdier.

He also said that the right expander is doing fine, so he wants to go slow and see if we can get things settled enough to get more fills in.  He also wants use to take him to his pediatrician tomorrow and have them do a swab of the drainage that way we know what it is and make sure the medicine will work to fight this. On a positive note, Brayden wants to move around like crazy....so I have been trying to keep him from crawling
too much, don't want to open that wound more. 


Here is a picture of the open area...hope it heals soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment