Brayden's Journey

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

TC Challenge: Chasing for the Cure

One of Geoffrey's co-workers at T.C. Eggington's, Katie Dempsey reached out to Geoffrey and I last week with an idea that she has.  She was trying to think of ways to help us raise money for Brayden's medical expenses as well as raise awareness for Congenital Melanocytic Nevi. 

Katie came up with this great idea.....she calls it the TC Challenge: Chasing the Cure.  In honor of Brayden and his tough fight for overcoming Congenital Melanocytic Nevi. She is getting a team together to run the half marathon in the P.F. Chang's  Rock and Roll Marathon on January 15th, 2012.  

This is what Katie has to say about the event, "Team members’ goals include fundraising by selling 10 cookbooks and raising the awareness level of Congenital Melanocytic Nevi. Thanks for your support and common interest in having a ...positive impact on the lives of young children battling this disease." 

When I first read this that Katie came up with this idea, I started crying, it means the world to us that we have so many people who support Brayden and want to help out in any way that they can.  Knowing we have such amazing support makes this process a lot easier on us.  

So now the question is, who can join our team? Anyone who wants to help support Brayden on the TC Challenge: Chasing the Cure. It will be a fun event and especially since we will be doing this with friends and family.  

Now most of you may know, I am not a runner, I love to workout and also love to walk.  I don't know if I will be able to run this half marathon but what I do know I will make it across that finish line even if I walk the whole thing in honor of my son.  He is a strong little boy and after everything he has been through already this past 10 months and everything that he will have to deal with later on in life, I will finish this for him.  Everyday when I look at him, I'm amazed at how strong he is and it only makes me stronger.


Please let me know if any of you have questions about this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment