Brayden's Journey

Thursday, September 27, 2012

My Brave Heart

Brayden sure loves his pain meds, but then again, who wouldn't love some morphine?! Last night after work I finally went to the hospital to see my "Brave Heart" this is a nickname he has gotten lately and funny enough, his name...Brayden means brave.  Never knew I would have such a brave boy, when I picked the name Brayden.  Guess this name, fits him perfect and when he gets older, I will tell him all these amazing stories how brave he was when he was little. 
 
Yesterday, when they couldn't get an IV in Brayden, found out it was a nurse who was training and the reason he struggled so much was because he didn't have too many IV training under his belt.  Great, they decided to experiment on my son :(  Then a head nurse came in and in 1 shot, got the IV in.  So why the heck didn't we get that nurse from the get go.  Not fair to Brayden. 

On a funny note, when the nurse came in to take out his catheter yesterday, Brayden decided to give them a surprise and pee on them ;) Ha...glad Brayden has a sense of humor even though, he's not feeling well.   

When I got to the hospital, my friend Wendy came with me to keep me company while Geoffrey went to grab something to eat and get a few things at home. So hard to have not have a lot of support out here and we can't even leave the hospital for a few minutes.  Really wish family didn't live so far away at times like this :( 

Brayden slept pretty good since he was on some good meds, but when he was up, he would just cry and cry. Breaks my heart to see him in pain.  His temperature is back to normal, which is good. And the doctors here have been in regular contact with Dr. Bauer to keep him posted on Brayden's progress. 

I went home late last night and since I have to work all day.  I brought Geoffrey a strong Starbucks to get him through the day this morning before work. Last night Brayden got up and this is what Geoffrey had to say, " It's 3:30am Brayden just woke up very unhappy,nurse gave him more pain meds,nothing was making him happy,didn't want toys,juice,iPad or anything just kept saying ow ow ow and no no,times like this I wish he could talk so I knew where he was hurting.Its really hard seeing him like this,feel like its eating away at me,pray that tomorrow will be a better day!!!!!"

So we are praying for a better day for Brayden.  He is up now and eating a banana and some gold fish and watching Dinosaur Train.  


Dr. Bauer would like the the staff here try and get any fluid around the port out.  The port is a size of a quater and the port is where we stick the needle when we do the fills and the port has a tube that goes to the expanders.  It will be extremly difficult to try and do this, so I pray it works and Brayden is ok when they do this today.  

Geoffrey said the expander does look a little less red today, so that's good, but we need the antibiotics to keep working and heal him before he can go home.  Looks like another long day for Brayden.  Please keep the prayers coming :) And thank you so much for everyone who is thinking of my Brave Heart! 

No comments:

Post a Comment