Brayden's Journey

Friday, September 7, 2012

The bumpy road is starting to smooth out again

Brayden slept great last night, I think the Benadryl also helped him.  He slept for 12 hours and when he woke up this morning he was in a good mood! I was home alone, so that meant I had to do the dressing change all by myself and change the tubes.  Brayden was so good and just stood still for me, he did cry some when I was putting some aquaphor on his butt. I was afraid to look at his stitches, since last night he had the discharge.  But when I looked this morning, it looked much better then it did last night. Thank goodness! 

Brayden's nurse, Mim emailed me after she looked at his pictures and she said this is a normal reaction to the sutures. Once that last drain is out (4-6 hours after), just stick him in the bathtub. Hopefully, that will feel good and it will help it clean up. And don’t hesitate to use the Tylenol with codeine alternating with motrin. 

So happy to hear this is normal and part of the healing process.  Now we just have to keep him healthy so we can do our 1st fill on Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment